What’s Important in Mission
From the beginning God’s desire has been for all peoples to recognise him as God and be in relationship with him. He calls us to make him known (Matthew 28:19-20):
- By speaking the truth of good news in Jesus (1Peter 3:15)
- By living the truth in lives changed by Jesus (Matthew 5:16)
God cares for the people he has made both physically and spiritually (Mark 2:1-12). He calls us to similarly care in an integrated way:
- For those who have not yet had an opportunity to respond to his love and grace
- For the poor, needy and marginalised
- For those who suffer because they are Christians
- For the people with whom we share our daily lives at home, work and community.
- For the all the nations of the world
This is God’s mission and not ours. We are dependent on his Holy Spirit’s working and, like Jesus (Mark 1:35), need to pray for God’s guidance and help.
As a church community we try to encourage one another to see what God is doing to build his church among the nations, and to join him by our praying, our giving and our going/sending.