Who do we support?
Thornhill Church supports the following:
- Cardiff Concern – A local counselling service run by Christians.
- Cardiff Street Pastors are trained volunteers from local churches who care about their community. They patrol in teams of men and women, from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. on a Friday and Saturday night to support, care and pray for any who need their help.
- Foodbank – Emergency food for local people in crisis.
- Gideons International (Geoff Roberts) – Making God’s Word available to everyone, by personal sharing of the Good News and by placing Bibles and New Testaments into people’s hands. Find out more at www.gideons.org.uk
- New Tribes Mission – Church planting in Papua New Guinea.
- Open Doors and Barnabas Fund – Serving persecuted Christians across the world.
- Operation Christmas Child (Samaritans’ Purse) – Bringing the joy and hope of Jesus Christ into the lives of under-privileged children.
- Pentecostal Holiness Church Network, Tanzania: Supporting, Training and Bible Teaching.
- Port Moresby City Mission Papua New Guinea, Life Skills Training Centre
- Sports Chaplaincy UK (Tony Down) – Expressing God’s love by supporting those involved in the sports’ community. Find out more at www.sportschaplaincy.org.uk
- Tavistock Street – Outreach to homeless people in Cardiff.
- Threesixteen (Clive Cornish and Lathan Ball): Promoting the Christian message in Wales and beyond.
- Response to disaster relief – Our giving in response to disasters across the world is channeled through organisations, such as Tear Fund and Samaritan’s Purse, which provide immediate help and longer term support to those in need by working with local Christian communities.