The Junior Church mission statement
At Thornhill Church we place a strong emphasis on aligning our activities to follow the overall mission of the Church. This means that we are all pulling in the same direction, with the same goal in mind: “to be more like Jesus.”
The Junior Church Vision –
(With God’s guiding, the ideal future we want to create) As a united team of leaders, we seek to model for children how to become Christ followers.
The Junior Church Mission –
(What we are going to achieve) To supplement the family in their attempt to lay down a spiritual foundation that, in God’s timing, will lead a child into, and later grow in, a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
The Junior Church Values – (How we are going to achieve the mission)
- To accomplish our mission, we must be child targeted in our approach.
- We value relevant teaching that is application oriented to reach today’s children.
- We want to teach the Bible creatively in order to be on the wavelength of our children.
- We value shepherding times within small groups, where we can model an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We want Junior Church to be both a safe and fun place for all of our children.
I hope this has given you a flavour of what Junior Church is all about. If you would like to know more, please feel free to contact us.